Monday, January 28, 2013

Saran Wrap Mani

So I tried the Saran Wrap mani, I have seen three different way to do it:

1. Paint your base color then tap the color on with the saran wrap
2. Tie-dye: drop the polish onto the saran wrap and fold the saran wrap in half and pat it to mix the colors, unfold the wrap and place your nail in the polish and pull your nail away.
3. Paint your base, before the base is completely dry paint the second color then pat with the wrap.

I tried 1 and 2. The first way is much like sponging with minimal clean up, and the second way is very messy and reminds me of water marbling with lots of clean up.

I did a video on my attempt which can be found on my YouTube Channel . In the video you can see that I used two holographic polishes (Nailnation 3000 Fab-A-Doodle #854 and 4Get Me Not #850).... Bad idea! You can't distinctly tell the different colors. Here are those results.





 I then took cream colors (Finger Paints Art You Kidding Me and Sinful Colors Amethyst) closely matching the holo colors (Nailnation 3000 Fab-A-Doodle #854 and 4Get Me Not #850) and here is the results. This time I only did the first method.






   and here are some side by side comparisons.



I think this is one that will take some practice to perfect. 

Don't forget the Nailnation 3000 giveaway ends on the 30th. Have you entered?

1 comment:

  1. love those colors! I've tried a couple of different methods as well, gotta agree that tapping the color on seems to be the easiest and less messy.

    I nominated you for the Versatile blogger award! congratulations :)
    http://samplesentaeyen.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-and-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete